9th World Congress for People who Stutter
- Category: News Archives
- Published: Monday, 30 August 2010 14:49
- Written by Lisa Wilder
In May of 2011, Argentina will host the 9th World Congress for People who Stutter and the 2nd Ibero-Latin American Congress on Stuttering. Beautiful Buenos Aires will be the setting for this important international event.
It is an unique opportunity to meet with national and international scientific personalities and discover the world of stuttering with the full participation of people who stutter worldwide.
The event will focus on sharing experiences and new knowledge through workshops, lectures, music, art, singing, expression, color, dance...
The goals of this Congress are:
- Promote awareness of the problem of stuttering.
- Present the latest research on the different aspects of this problem.
- Generate interest in research in Spain and Latin America.
- Widening participation of people who stutter in Latin America
- Stimulate the formation of Mutual Aid Groups and Partnerships with leading role of disfluent people, promoting awareness and social participation.
- Develop appropriate programs in education, increasing the information to teachers.
- Continue with the defensive/preventive task of this difficulty at an early age.
- Ethics in the implementation of treatments and commitment of people who stutter in maintaining the attitude of change.
For more information, go to the website.